- Thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm water
- Apply pressure to the area to stop any bleeding
- Apply a cold pack to the cheek or lips over the broken tooth to reduce swelling and relieve pain
- Take over-the-counter pain relief
Depending on the break, there are a range of treatment options available.
- For smaller breaks, we may be able to repair the tooth using a filling which matches the colour of your teeth. Most people will never know you had the break.
- For larger breaks, options include:
- Crowns which sit on top of the remaining tooth and are designed to be as hard and reliable as regular teeth. Crowns are usually gold or porcelain
- Veneers which sit in front of the tooth and can fill in space created by a tooth break. Veneers can be coloured to match the surrounding teeth. Some patients elect to have a whole set of veneers for a complete smile makeover
- Implants, which work where you’ve really done a job on your teeth. Unlike dentures, which are removable and can come out at embarrassing moments, implants are attached to your jaw bone and last for a very long time.
The good news is at Beyond 32 Dental, we can help. Please contact us on (02) 9158-6334 for an appointment to discuss which option is best for you to fix your broken tooth.